Grizzly Bear Viewing Tours
Grizzly Bears of Toba Inlet
A Klahoose First Nation Coastal Adventure
Toba Inlet is a deep fjord on the west coast of British Columbia. The inlet has many spectacular waterfalls, glacier fed rivers and the magnificent Coastal Mountains that rise as an imposing backdrop. Grizzly Bears have free reign in these isolated and lush river estuaries and can be found foraging along the river and rugged shoreline from late summer feasting on salmon.
Bear Watching Tours are operated in partnership with the Klahoose First Nation, whose traditional territory encompasses the Toba Valley. Bear Watching Tours depart Homfray Lodge with a cruise to Toba Inlet. Upon arriving at the river, you will receive a warm and traditional welcome from the Klahoose Coastal Adventures guides. A short drive will transport you to the viewing areas where you can see the bears in their natural habitat from both raised and open viewing platforms. The highlight of the tour will be the chance to view the grizzly bears feeding in the natural habitat along the river. At the end of the tour we spend some time for lunch before we return to the lodge.
GRIZZLY BEARS OF TOBA INLET
August 19 – October 14, 2018
|Bear Watching Packages||2018|
|2 Nights||$ 1,495 per person|
|3 Nights||$ 2,195 per person|
$ 2,795 per person
*Rates area per person per person based on double occupancy. Rates are in Canadian Dollars and subject to applicable taxes. Rates subject to change.
- Accommodation at Homfray Lodge in cozy private Lodge Room or private one or two bedroom chalet (subject to availability)
- Bear Watching Tour (daily tour, approximately 6 hours)
- All transportation by boat to Toba Inlet and the bear viewing stands
- All meals at Homfray Lodge: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner each day (from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day of departure and packed lunch on bear view tour)
- Beverages with dinner including house wine and beer
- Complete use of all the Lodge facilities including Wi-fi, campfires, paddle boards, kayaks
- Round-trip transfers between Lund or the Powell River Airport are offered complimentary (scheduled once daily please contact us for arrangements in advance)
- Gratuity for Homfray Lodge staff and Klahoose Coastal Adventures Bear Viewing Guides
- Transportation to Powell river or Lund (we would be happy to help you arrange your travel)
- Applicable taxes
Photo Credits: Ben Lessard