Sightseeing & Fishing
Desolation Sound offers spectacular sightseeing options from cascading waterfalls to spectacular mountain peaks to glacier fed inlets to gorgeous sandy beaches…throw in a chance at seeing some of BC’s most majestic wildlife species like eagles, grizzly and black bears, elk, deer; marine mammals such as white sided dolphin, orca whales, otter, seal and sea lions. If you’re a bird lover dozens of bird species can be sighted up and down the inlets and channels. Whatever your preference make sure you bring your camera.
Toba Inlet Wildlife and Waterfalls Tour 3 hrs $129 per person (plus GST)
Come join us for a day of fishing in some of the most spectacular locations on the coast, some of which are just minutes from the Lodge. From right outside our door in Homfray Channel for bottom fish or in nearby Toba Inlet for the majestic Chinook Salmon or for the more adventurous up to Bute Inlet and the Stewart Island and Big Bay area for all species of salmon and bottom fish. Whatever your passion we’ll help put you on the fish!
Your fishing trip includes experienced guides, full equipped boat with all safety equipment and fishing gear.
Guided Fishing Rates:
- 3 Hour Guided Fishing (Max 3 people) $390
- 6 Hour Guided Fishing (Max 3 people) $780
- All Day Guided Fishing (Max 3 people) $1,170
Rates do not include GST
- Pick up from Powell River Airport by van (35 min.) and boat transfer from Lund, (approximately 1 hour) is included complimentary when required
- Pacific Coastal Airlines offers daily non stop scheduled flights between Vancouver International Airport (YVR) and Power River Airport (YPW).
- Seaplane charters options are also available between the lodge and Vancouver, Whistler, Tofino, Seattle and any other destinations
Please see our locations page for full transportation options or feel free to contact us to personally coordinate your travel.